BeStMan Copyright (c) 2010-2011, The Regents of the University of California, through Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (subject to receipt of any required approvals from the U.S. Dept. of Energy). This software was developed under funding from the U.S. Department of Energy and is associated with the Berkeley Lab Scientific Data Management Group projects. All rights reserved.
1. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
(1) Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the copyright notice associated with the Software, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
(2) Redistributions of source code must retain the copyright notice associated with the Software, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
(3) Neither the name of the University of California, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
(4) You are under no obligation whatsoever to provide any bug fixes, patches, or upgrades to the features, functionality or performance of the Software (“Enhancements”) to anyone; however, if you choose to distribute your Enhancements to any third party, at the time of the distribution you must provide Berkeley Lab with a\ copy of the Enhancements in binary and source code and you hereby grant Berkeley Lab the following license: a non-exclusive, royalty-free perpetual license to install, use, modify, prepare derivative works, incorporate into other computer software, distribute, and sublicense such Enhancements or derivative works thereof, in binary and source code form. Berkeley Lab shall provide, as consideration for the non-exclusive license described above, upon your request, attribution to you in any software package distributed by Berkeley Lab that incorporates the Enhancements. Berkeley Lab agrees that it will only distribute Enhancements in conjunction with distribution of the Software.
2. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.