Back to BDM Home
- We assume that an agreement between all sites on the use of GSI will take place. That includes coordination and trust establishment between certificate authorities in different countries/institutions
- We assume that all site will use GridFTP clients when they pull data (could be bundled into BDM client)
- We assume that all nodes providing data will support a GridFTP server accessible through open ports (in order for clients to pull data from them)
- Note: in case that other protocols will have to be supported the BDM client will have to support these
- Source sites have grid-enabled transfer servers such as GridFTP servers.
- Destination sites have grid CA certificates in place.
- The user already has grid certificate and mapped at the source sites.
- The user has obtained a full qualified transfer URL for a directory or files of the type(protocol://<hostname>:<port>/<data_file_path>) by some means. For example, by browsing the published directory, by searching the ESG metadata collection on the ESG gateway portal, or by getting notified by someone.